Bay Area, we got you! We are continuing these Essential Services in Oakland and San Jose during the Shelter-in-Place Order:
- COVID-19 Testing: We are offering COVID-19 testing for Roots Members with symptoms or other certain risk factors. You could qualify if:
- You have flu-like symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat OR
- Were recently released from incarceration OR
- You are a frontline or essential service worker that has been exposed
- Please call us at 510-777-1177 for more information.
- Clinical and Mental Health Services at our main campus, headquarters and Dream Youth Clinics in Oakland, as well as our San Jose site on the Alameda. Note: we are converting routine appointments to phone appointments where possible – please call before coming in.
- Oakland Street Team Outreach Medical Program (STOMP) will continue services prioritizing acutely and chronically ill unsheltered individuals at East and West Oakland encampments.
- Emergency bridge unit housing sites will continue 24-hour operations uninterrupted.
- Food, hygiene products, and diaper distribution to Roots members in need.
- Navigation, Patient & Client Services, and Eligibility & Enrollment (converted to telephonic where possible).
- Manufacturing of hygiene supplies will continue at Clean360 for distribution (retail storefronts will be closed).
Workshops, circles, groups, trainings, pop-up markets and events will be postponed until further notice per the Shelter-in-Place Order.
See our home page for our locations and phone numbers.
We WILL get through this TOGETHER!