Roots delivers benefits enrollment, performs housing assessments, and conducts linkage to services and treatment, and provides medical care to unsheltered individuals throughout the city of Oakland.
Oakland Street Team Outreach Medical Program (Oakland STOMP) is Roots’ street medicine program that brings care to the people in homeless encampments. By building long-term relationships and reducing harm, we are able to reach those members of our community who have been marginalized from traditional healthcare, while improving the health of our community overall.
For more information, please contact 510-809-5212
“I lead the street team medicine program. I work with newborns. I work with kids. I work with adults. I chose to work at Roots Community Health Center because it serves the underserved, and it’s my calling in life to support the Black and Brown community.”
Primary Care Physician
Oakland Street Team Outreach Medical Program (STOMP) is Roots’ street medicine program that brings care to individuals in homeless encampments.
- Urgent and ongoing medical care
- Medication assisted treatment for opioid use
- Treatment of Hepatitis C and other infections
- Specialty Referrals
- Coordinated Entry System (CES) Assessments
- Connection to community services
- Self-care/hygiene supply kits
- Benefits enrollment/renewal (GA & SNAP)
- Medi-Cal signup and renewal