Oakland Unite, a city program funded by Measure Z, utilizes life coaching and intensive case management to re-direct high risk youth and young adults and prevent violence.
Qualifications: Must be between ages of 18-35. Must Meet Four Of The Six Criteria To Be Program Eligible:
- Have a history of, or is at high risk of, engaging in gun involved activity
- Has been shot and/or seriously injured due to turf/group/gang related street violence
- Has had a close peer, friend, or family member shot and/or killed through turf, group, gang related street violence in the last 3 years.
- On probation or parole for a violent offense
- Lives in or hangs out in a designated target “Hot Spot” area
- Associates closely with known turfs, groups, or gangs involved in violent activity.
For more information, please contact:
OU Supervisor: Askia-510-777-1177 ext. 238
OU Life Coach: Paris- 510-777-1177 ext. 239
OU Life Coach: Earl- 510-777-1177 ext. 240