If you are uninsured or underinsured, we can still provide testing to you for free. If your insurance/insurance status is not on the list below, we may not be able to offer you screening tests. You can still select “other” and fill out your insurance provider; our staff will check whether you are eligible when you arrive.
- Brown & Toland
- Alameda Alliance for Health (Medi-Cal)
- Anthem Blue Cross (Medi-Cal)
- Valley Health Plan (Medi-Cal)
- Santa Clara Family Health Plan
- United Health Care
- Underinsured (have a health plan but it does not provide testing free of charge)
- Most PPO’s – (e.g., Blue Cross, Anthem Blue Shield, please inquire)
If you do not qualify for the testing at Roots, please reach out to your medical provider or check these additional resources:
For the future, free COVID tests may also be requested by mail here: https://www.covid.gov/tests
Who can get the vaccine?
Anyone age 6 months and up who lives or works in Alameda County can get vaccinated at our Oakland site, providing they qualify under the indurance requirements below. If you are under 18, a parent or legal guardian must accompany you and sign the consent form, or be available by phone to provide verbal consent.
Where is it?
9925 International Blvd. Oakland 94603 in the parking lot.
How long will it take?
You will be asked to fill out and sign a consent form prior to being vaccinated. After receiving the vaccine, you will need to stay close by for observation for:
- 30 minutes if you have a history of severe allergic reaction/anaphylaxis
- 15 minutes for everyone else.
What do I need to bring?
If this is your second dose, please bring your vaccination card with you so that we can update it.
*If you are under 18, a parent or legal guardian must accompany you and sign the consent form, or be available by phone to provide verbal consent.