Volunteer at Roots!
Enhance your skills, learn new skills, advance your career and help your community at the same time! We host and train volunteers, interns and externs in a variety of areas. We have opportunities in direct service as well as special projects to advance the mission of Roots and improve the health of our community.
We accept volunteers with a background or interest in the following areas:
- Medical student/resident, PA, NP
- RN, LVN
- Medical Assistant
- Front Office
- Back Office/Billing
- Electronic Health Records
- Health Policy
- Public Health
- Marketing and Outreach
- HealthSTATS – routinizing Hepatitis C and HIV testing in primary care settings
- Incidence of/risk factors for Hepatitis C among low-income people of African descent
- Healthy Connections – linking complex patients to primary care
- HealthcareWORKS – Assessing the impact of “skilling up” front line health care workers on: quality and continuity of patient care and staff job satisfaction. Utilizes a modified “health coaching” model.
- Evaluating models/developing best practices for enrolling “hard to reach” individuals into public benefits.